At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a State Program Manager and Education Specialist for the Health Information Systems located Remotely. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Job Summary: The person will join a strong team focused on driving value-based payment transformation through the adoption of 3M methodologies for payment and performance management at the state level through discontinuous regulatory events (DREs). This person will focus on a specific group of states where he/she will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing the strategic plans to secure DREs in those states. The person will also provide methodology educational support around DRE adoptions, leading and assisting with training sessions with state agencies, hospitals/hospital associations, and managed care plans/managed care plan associations.
The person will develop and maintain relationships with the key players at the healthcare/Medicaid agencies and the legislature, as well as within the healthcare policy communities (e.g. hospitals, MCOs, state vendors, and others). This person will help RGA build a group of KOLs, establish a quality/value coalition, and grow our overall 3M HIS reputation as the leader in the healthcare value space. This person must be both a leader and a team player, contributing to the enactment of 3M HIS value vision, development of our RGA plans and priorities, and supporting the contracting responsibilities with each DRE.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Lead state initiatives in an identified number of states;
* Implement the strategic plans in those states, including organizing and leading meetings, coordinating internal 3M resources or external consultants as needed, and manage healthcare community stakeholders;
* Contribute to determining the annual DRE targets in the states, as well as development of the 5 year strategic plan;
* Support RGA goals to develop DRE KOLs, success stories, and a broader quality/value coalition to support DRE adoptions;
* Provide subject matter expertise via consultation and stakeholder education to support DRE adoption, including 3M HIS methodologies, prospective payment, performance reporting, paying-for-outcomes;
* Actively engage with C&ER to ensure current expert-level knowledge of 3M HIS methodologies;
* Stay abreast of policy trends and learning more about customer needs to contribute to the DRE commercialization effort; and
* In-person meetings and travel to account for roughly 33% of time.
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
* Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
* Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working on state healthcare policies
* Minimum of seven (7) years of successful experience in designing and executing strategic plans related to government affairs and public policy
* Minimum of seven (7) combined years of extensive experience at engaging high-level decision-makers within government and/or provider and payer organizations
* Broad understanding of state and federal law underlying American health care financing required, including working knowledge of state and federal laws governing Medicaid programs, and federal law governing CMS prospective payment and value based payment systems
* Working knowledge of 3M HIS classification and payment systems
* Working knowledge of major players and stakeholders in major payment and delivery system reform initiatives and experience in building coalitions around policy objectives
* Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans to move adoption of or passage of policy supporting an identified business goal;
* Experience in successfully:
* Working with elected officials, staff, and agencies in the states on complex healthcare policies;
* Leading training and educational programs for state officials, providers, and plans on payment reforms and methodology adoptions;
* Building and recruiting stakeholders and opinion leaders from the healthcare sector in support of priority issues; and
* Crafting healthcare policy positions and writing/interpreting legislative text.
Travel Requirements: 50% Domestic travel
Relocation: Not Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task