My client's Division of Information Technology (IT) seeks a Senior Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in deploying, configuring, maintaining and supporting Linux environments. The candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Build/Install new Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization
- Configure OS and provision server with memory, disk and CPUs
- Provide System Administration (SA) and assist client troubleshooting application running on the Linux systems
- Ability to manage and deploy OS patches using Puppet
- Provide System Administration and management of Cloudera Hadoop clusters in production and test environments
- Solid understanding of YARN, MapReduce, Spark and HDFS
- Extensive knowledge of Cloudera Manager features such as configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts and logging
- Experience in investigating, analyzing, diagnosing, tuning and resolving Cloudera Hadoop issues
- Employ \"best practices\" for deploying and maintaining Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem
- OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 7+
- Configuration and System Management System - Puppet 4+
- Enterprise Authentication and Authorization: Centrify, LDAP, Kerberos and Active Directory
- Strong background in scripting and code development: Python, Bash or Perl
- Analytic Computing: SAS, R, Stata, Matlab highly desirable
- Hadoop: Cloudera highly desirable
- Virtualization: VMware, KVM, or OpenStack
- Demonstrated history of self-learning and experience with Linux administration and related technologies
- Self-motivated focusing on introducing improvements to the Linux environment
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Linux Engineer with Hadoop and Puppet
Associated topics: http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer, server, system integrator