CASHIER (FULL-TIME) Several Openings - Washington - 20044
Compass Group, North America
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
*Posted Date:* Feb 11, 2019
* We have an opening for several full-time *CASHIER* positions.
* *Location:* Native American Indian Museum, 4th St & Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024. /Note: online applications accepted only./
* *Schedule:* F/T schedule; Friday through Thursday, shifts may vary.
* *Requirement:* Good customer service skills required.
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation's premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world's leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be \"better-for-you\" and the planet.
* Dedication to Quality
* Spirit of Ownership
* Commitment to Talent & Diversity
* Responsible Citizenship
* Passion for Hospitality
*Summary:* Performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts and completing cash reports. May also perform general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Performs sales transactions in a timely fashion.
* Enters all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment; issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
* Observes customer purchases in the cafe line and differentiates between standard portions.
* Replenishes condiments, coffee, other beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service areas.
* Keeps pastry case stocked.
* Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
* Ensures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./