Japanese Linguist - In Japan
Employment Type: Full-Time
DarkStar Intelligence is seeking highly qualified Korean and Japanese linguists who possess TS/SCI clearances. The work location will be in Japan.
- Linguist: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Lead Linguist: Associates degree or 2 years of college; substitute 2 years additional relevant experience for each year of college. 3-5 years supervisory experience managing personnel; 5-7 years translating, interpreting, analysis, or writing;
- Linguist: Associates degree or 2 years of college.
- Lead Linguist: Experience in working in or with the military. Technical knowledge or familiarity with STEM terminology.
Successful linguist candidates must score at least a 4/4/3 (Listening, Reading. and Speaking) in as measured by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) or the Defense Language Proficiency Test 5-point scale. Linguists will also obtain a score of at least 94 as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT scoring methodology, or a score of 3/3/3 or above as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT). Native proficiency in Japanese and/or Korean is preferred.
- Function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals, engaging with host nation personnel. foreign national personnel, and members of the local populace outside the confines of any U.S . or Allied facility/base/cantonment.
- Conduct consecutive, accurate translations and summarizations of material, while maintaining integrity and meaning.
- Write in a manner that is clear, concise, and grammatically correct. Speak with proper pronunciation in the target language and English.
- Provide idiomatic translations of non-technical and technical material using correct syntax and expressions.
- Translate and interpret general and technical material into and from the target language and English.
- Read handwritten material in the target language and English.
- Quickly visually scan and process a large amount of material for critical and essential elements.
- Understand speech in a standard dialect, including inferences and emotional overtones, while rarely having to ask for paraphrasing or explanation. Standard dialect is the baseline or commonly understood version of the language, without regional flavor, idioms, or constructs.
- Write effectively in most formal and informal exchanges .
- Converse in formal and informal situations, facilitate resolution of problem situations, learn unfamiliar topics. provide explanation. describe in detail, offer supported opinions, and hypothesize.
- Understand all styles/forms of speech in the target language and English, and have a strong sensitivity to sociolinguistic and cultural references.
- Facilitate tailored language to fit an audience based on Government guidance.
- Conduct consecutive interpretations during in-person and telephonic engagements. Interpreter venues may include meetings. conferences, briefings, meals, rapport events, and/or training sessions in acoustically poor environments.
- Possess sufficient computer skills, such as word processing and data entry, to be used in conjunctions with processing written translations: at a minimum. contractor personnel will be proficient in the Microsoft (MS) Office products; i.e. MS Word, Excel PowerPoint.
- Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
DarkStar Intelligence, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Loading some great jobs for you...