VP Enterprise Tools DevOps & Agile
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The VP, Enterprise Tools, DevOps, and Agile will set a technology strategy that aligns with our maturing environment. Delivers solutions and tools to enable automation of test and builds across on-prem and cloud offerings. Define and deliver our future technology architecture including critical new technology capabilities. Provides enterprise capability tools and automation tools to drive our business. Working closely with the business, applications, security and infrastructure teams, analyze business and technical problems and develop the appropriate framework to deliver business solutions that will meet Company’s current and future business objectives. Create, champion and implement the architecture vision and strategy, associated standards, processes, and procedures to be used across the enterprise including the development and acquisition of new technological innovations, solutions and tools to improve internal operations and customer experience. The VP will report directly to the SVP & Chief Architect.
Key Job Functions & Duties
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet strategic objectives
- Identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Develop a team that supports the enterprise’s evolving cloud infrastructure and provide guidance on Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Effectively adopt and utilize technologies to achieve best practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Development
- Continue to evolve deployment automation to enable increase deployment frequency and reduce deployment time
- Develops road map for evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state
- Facilitate evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10 or more years of related experience with 5 years or more in a leadership position
- Hands on experience in DevOps, with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform
- Demonstrated ability of successfully leading complex development operations for enterprise software
- Passion and experience staying at the forefront of technology and the latest effective tools and advancements
- Creative and strategic thinking to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to interact effectively with product and development teams at all levels
- Ability to self-manage projects and experience coaching and mentoring others
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Knowing the most effective and efficient process to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objective
- Drives vision and purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitment
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Loading some great jobs for you...