- George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
Healthcare - Physician
3125 V St NE
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs evaluation and problem identification of patients.
- Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
- Documents findings in the medical record.
- Recommends appropriate therapeutic interventions with Attending Physician.
- Interacts with consultants as appropriate.
- Identifies patients potentially eligible for palliative care referrals.
- Works across the MFA with physicians to meet patient care plan goals.
- Provides education and counseling for patients. Directs patient and/or family to agencies dealing with specific illnesses/diseases.
- Orders appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Precepts health science students and as appropriate.
- Performs procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need.
- Interacts with nursing, clinical research, and technologist staff.
- Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
- Participates in Departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
- NP: A masters degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner.
- Current ANCC certification
- D.C. licensure as a NP is necessary.
- Some previous experience is recommended. Excellent communication skills required.
Associated topics: aoa, breast, hem onc, hematology, lah, oncology, palliative, physician md, physician md do, radiation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.