Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs evaluation and problem identification of patients.
- Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
- Documents findings in the medical record.
- Recommends appropriate therapeutic interventions with Attending Physician.
- Interacts with consultants as appropriate.
- Identifies patients potentially eligible for palliative care referrals.
- Works across the MFA with physicians to meet patient care plan goals.
- Provides education and counseling for patients. Directs patient and/or family to agencies dealing with specific illnesses/diseases.
- Orders appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Precepts health science students and as appropriate.
- Performs procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need.
- Interacts with nursing, clinical research, and technologist staff.
- Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
- Participates in Departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
- NP: A masters degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner.
- Current ANCC certification
- D.C. licensure as a NP is necessary.
- Some previous experience is recommended. Excellent communication skills required.
Associated topics: aoa, breast, hem onc, hematology, lah, oncology, palliative, physician md, physician md do, radiation