Gritter Francona, Inc. is currently seeking a Junior Communications Consultant to join our team.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
This role will be responsible for providing advanced database management, communication management, proofreading, editing and communication skills to the Department of Homeland Security's Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Executive Leadership, senior management and OCIO staff in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive, IT-driven environment.
Specific responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide advanced database management systems skills to process and track official OCIO correspondence.
- Review, respond, and track follow-up actions for incoming electronic and print mail including notifying appropriate personnel and Executive Management within two (2) hours of receiving incoming mail, or as requested by the Program Office. Responses may include coordinating with all levels of DHS staff, OCIO staff, management, senior leadership, second-party contractors, third-party contractors, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide advanced technical writing to draft Correspondence Responses, Executive Tasker Responses and Summary Data Call Reports within four (4) hours upon receipt, based on research, data collection, queries, analysis and coordination.
- Develop and implement correspondence control tracking systems to improve timely correspondence processing, responsiveness, submissions, productivity, system alignments, organizational assessments and evaluation of the OCIO correspondence processes.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate meetings with DHS, OCIO, and internal and external stakeholders to coordinate correspondence research, data collection, consolidation, reporting, briefing, problem solving, troubleshooting, process improvements and routing of submissions for review and approval.
- Develop Routing Sheets and coordinate the routing, review, approval, concurrence, and formatting of documents for Executive Management, and internal and external distribution, as directed.
- Develop and maintain a Daily Correspondence Status Report tracking correspondence, deliverables, action items, milestones and performance status.
- Support scheduling, coordinating and facilitating meetings with DHS, OCIO, internal and external stakeholders to coordinate correspondence research, data collection, consolidation, reporting, briefing, problem solving, troubleshooting, process improvements and routing of submissions for review and approval, as requested and directed by the appropriate Government official.
- Create and maintain electronic correspondence files utilizing SharePoint, Microsoft, DHS Shared Drives other software capabilities, as requested by the Program Office.
- Develop, produce and distribute Weekly Status Reports, Monthly Status Reports, Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports and Ad Hoc Reports for OCIO customers and Government managers.
- Execute event communications, including coordinating events, scheduling calendar invites and sending email communications, announcements and notifications.
- Develop and distribute draft agendas and documents to the appropriate reviewing and approving government personnel, three (3) business days prior to the meetings and events.
- Perform audiovisual coordination, telecommunications coordination, and logistical coordination for OCIO meetings and events including on-site support for managing speaker presentation schedules, reserving Conference Rooms, set-up of Video Conferencing and secure Telephone Conference Call Dial-In Bridges, and coordination with the IT Help Desk to test and troubleshoot A/V and telecommunication capabilities.
- Type detailed, accurate and error free Meeting Minutes documenting meeting proceedings within four (4) hours or the next business day after the meeting concludes.
- The Contractor shall develop and maintain an action tracking and reporting system to track and report the assignment and completion of action items assigned in OCIO meetings and events.
- Coordinate entry, receive and escort visitors, approved by Government managers, for OCIO meetings and events.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner
- Provide internal support to GFI's marketing and communications materials and website
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, time-sensitive environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expert in English grammar, writing best practices, and ensuring writing style guidelines
- Experience with IT communications, a plus
- Experience with using content management systems, a plus
- Government experience, a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to obtain a suitability clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English, communications, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, specifically in communications, marketing, or related field
- Experience with IT communications activities
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: administrative, clerical, desk, executive assistant, front desk, human resources, office manager, officer, office support, store manager