Employment Type: Full-Time
SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and Intelligence Community. SSI provides instructors, cultural advisors, linguists, interpreters, translators, subject matter experts, advisors, mentors, role players, training support specialists, training delivery officers, intelligence analysts, counterintelligence (CI) specialists, technical support, field technicians, security professionals, logistics specialists, operations coordinators, budget specialists, administrative support specialists, emergency medical technicians (EMT), exercise controllers (EXCON), mission managers, project managers, program managers for a wide variety of mission critical requirements.
This position will be stationed in Baghdad, Iraq and requires active Secret clearance.
The Vetting Specialist position supports the Linguist / Vetting Support Services Contract and performs a variety of technical and administrative tasks under SSI In-Country Management.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct screening with use of organizational reference documents, in accordance with RSO Baghdad Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and with appropriate Government oversight and must adhere to the standards and procedures set out by RSO Baghdad.
- Coordinate with and work in conjunction with base level force protection and strategic force protection operations.
- Review the data collected and cross-reference intelligence collection priorities and plans, to ensure proper identification and categorization with screening SOPs and plan when necessary.
- Take photographs and use other biometric collection systems as applicable, to gather additional identifying data on interviewed person for screening report.
- Conduct other intelligence supporting activities related to intelligence support operations, with appropriate Government supervision and oversight.
- Support vetting program designed to clear both Host Country Nationals (HCNs) and Third Country Nationals (TCNs) for access to Chief of Mission facilities or recommend their denial of access.
- Provide support in conducting polygraph examinations as required per RSO Baghdad SOPs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participates in special department projects as needed.
Minimum Education/ Experience:
- Active Secret security clearance.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum of four years' experience in one of the following military service categories or their civilian equivalent: 35L/M, 351L/M, 180A, 18F, 35E (Strategic Debriefer or an individual with a similar skill set).
- Must have experience with vetting, vetting tasks, and/or investigative questioning techniques and knowledgeable of SIPRNET search engines and database retrieval tools such as QueryTree and M3.
- United States citizen
- Knowledge of host country culture, traditions, and customs is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a high-threat environment and experience with U.S. Department of State security operations are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds.
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties.
- A bachelor's degree in education is preferred but not required.
- Computer literacy, MS Office, Time Management and Payroll Systems
- Express excellent customer support manners and attitude
- Problem solving'the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills'the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication'the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication'the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing'the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control'the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability'the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability'the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security'the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
Physical Demands & work environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required standing, bending, lifting, walking, sitting, and turning; should be able to talk and hear; ability to sit in meetings for long periods of time; ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.; ability to work effectively using program management and other tools on a personal computer for long periods of time.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mid Atlantic Professionals Inc., DBA/SSI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical disability. The Company is committed to provide reasonable accommodation (including making change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternative format) to qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform a job. To request reasonable accommodation please contact HR Department at Recruitment@groupssi.com or 301-540-8864.
Loading some great jobs for you...