GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring an Expeditor for our Sculpture Garden venue located at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. Qualified candidates must be able to pass a cash handling test and have exceptional customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Candidates must also be willing to obtain a ServeSafe food manager certification.
Responsible for grouping together and accounting for dining room food orders from cook stations, and garnishing and completing plate presentation. Serves as communication conduit between dining room and culinary staff.
- Set up garnish station for plate presentation; stock appropriate dishes and utensils as required
- Communicate with pantry and line cooks regarding soup du jour, specials, and \"outed\" items; relay that information accurately and promptly to dining room staff
- Communicate with kitchen porter and utility staff to maintain appropriate dish stock
- Ensure proper maintenance, rotation of food products, and cleanliness of work areas
- Ensure plates are delivered to correct servers with proper presentation; minimize production waste
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule; clean station thoroughly after shift
- Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to coordinate communication with multiple people and stations and maintain proper plate service with easy and accuracy
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn culinary terms and practices; able to prepare basic items by following recipes
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods; exposure to wet floors
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, plates, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh safety glove, mitt
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: chef, culinary, deli chef, dining chef, executive kitchen, kitchen, pastry chef, restaurant assistant chef, sous, sushi