Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
**General Summary** **:** The Certified Surgical Assistant, C-SA provides direct assistance to the primary surgeon during surgical procedures and performs peri-operative assessment of patients under the direction and supervision of the attending physician.
**Minimum Education and Experience Required** **:**
1. Clinical Education and Training specific to performing duties as a Certified-Surgical Assistant, C-SA.
2. The Certified-Surgical Assistant, C-SA must have graduated from a program approved by the Commission for the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or successfully completed a dedicated training program for Surgical Assistants in the armed forces; or demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Board of Surgical Assistants if fulltime work in the United States under the direct supervision of a physician licensed in the United States and consisting of at least 1300 hours of performance as a Surgical Assistant within the 3 years preceding the date of application
3. The Certified-Surgical Assistant, C-SA must have had successful completion of the National Surgical Assistant Association's (NSAA's) exam.
4. The Certified-Surgical Assistant, C-SA must provide documentation of certification or recertification by one of the following:
1. National Surgical Assistant Association; or
2. The American Board of Surgical Assistants.
1. They must also complete appropriate continuing medical education in order to maintain certification.
2. Maintenance of licensure with the District of Columbia, to be renewed every 2 years. This will include proof of completion during the two-year (2) period preceding the date of the license expires approved continuing education units (CEU) consisting of fifty (50) hours of CEU credit.
3. BLS required; to be renewed every 2 years.
4. At least one year as a practicing Surgical Assistant.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.