Windows Systems Administrator (Tier 3)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Do you want to get microsoft Certifications? Keep reading! Marathon TS, Inc. has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator (Tier III) to support a government contract in Washington, DC! The current environment includes virtual server services for hosting applications, a virtual desktop infrastructure including zero/thin clients and desktop image development, file and print services, mobility services including device management, security services, network services including wireless and WAN connectivity and remote access, VoIP telephony and messaging services including instant messaging and email, storage area network services, data center management and business continuity/disaster recovery services. In this role, you will provide infrastructure and systems support to include, but not limited to, upgrades and changes to the system under the oversight of the government. Additional responsibilities include:RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support/troubleshoot/update/monitor server infrastructure
- Desktop, virtual desktop, and Active Directory troubleshooting
- Schedule and perform daily database backups and perform database recoveries as required
- Monitor the database environment to ensure availability and required performance
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly scheduled network backups; restore data as required to support systems and data recovery due to hardware, software or user error; verify and validate the integrity of the backups and perform recovery tests or drills monthly in coordination with Government guidance
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure or services.
- Experience with Office 365 — Exchange.
- Support/troubleshoot/update/monitor the health of the ADFS and Web Proxy servers that provide authentication for Office 365
- Support/troubleshoot/update/monitor the health of the Microsoft Online Archiving infrastructure and ensure access to the archived data
- Support/troubleshoot access issues to the Office 365 infrastructure and any security or message delivery failures that are experienced by department employees
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, and Exchange/Office 365
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting certificates and smart cards, and supporting services including DNS and DHCP
- Experience conducting Operating System patching using MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Quest KACE
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Solar Winds
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of I.T. experience
- Able to obtain a minimum of Public Trust security clearance
- MCSA, MCSE or any of the new Microsoft 'Administrator” certifications. If you do not have one, you will be given a waiver to start, but will be required to specifically complete either the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or the Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate certifications
Marathon TS is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Marathon TS will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Marathon TS does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as 'protected status ').
- Working knowledge or experience with working with ticket- or incident- work order based tracking solution
- Experience with Enterprise backup solutions, tape robots and virtual tape solutions
- Experience racking hardware, running cabling (copper/fiber) and monitoring data center operations/availability
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as required
Loading some great jobs for you...