Job Description Summary
The Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for the overall management and administrative direction of the Office of the President. This successful candidate will possess a broad range of responsibilities, including planning and scheduling meetings; booking travel arrangements; facilitation of communications; and interfacing with management, staff, Board of Trustees, dignitaries, and high-level community and Society contacts. Responsibilities also include planning and implementation of special projects, as directed by the President & CEO.
- Provide an exceptional standard of support to the CEO by overseeing the daily administrative activities of the President s Office and serving as the central point of contact. This includes setting priorities, scheduling meetings, organizing catering, AV and technology needs, answering incoming calls, monitoring office procedures and recommending changes as appropriate. Maintains a high level of confidentiality. (50%)
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and submit travel expense reports on behalf of the President & CEO. (30%)
- Act as a liaison for the President & CEO with other departments and outside parties. May be asked to take and transcribe meeting minutes as necessary. (10%)
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Engagement and Partnerships teams, composes and edits correspondences, statements, presentations and reports for the President & CEO and other staff as needed. Maintains complex and confidential Society information. (10%)
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
5+ years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills required.
- Strong judgment and emotional intelligence are essential for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly motivated and energetic, and comfortable working closely with the senior leadership team.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in the face of complex and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Must deal with a fast-paced environment, manage change and remain flexible and professional.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Ability to work with Keynote is a plus.
Responsibility percentages may vary depending on business needs.
National Geographic's headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D. C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, National Geographic offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, generous vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. National Geographic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: chief executive, evp, executive director, front office, general management, general manager, manager ii, overall, regional director, regional manager