Director of Communications and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Communications leads all external communications efforts for the national office of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. and coordinates efforts of the OL state programs. Main areas of focus are public awareness campaigns, public and media relations, marketing, social media outreach and executive communications.
- Lead OLI's media relations activities in conjunction with the OLI Media Consultant. Respond to media inquiries; coordinate responses from OL State Coordinators as appropriate; manage relationships with national media; serve as OLI spokesperson.
- Lead development of public awareness campaigns and materials, coordinating with OLI staff, vendors and consultants as necessary.
- Spearhead all communications related to OLI public awareness products and educational materials with state OL offices and national partners.
- Oversee the review process for OLI public awareness products and educational materials, coordinating review through OLI's National Advisory Council Materials Review Committee to ensure materials developed for public use by OLI or State OL programs are consistent with OLI messages and brand.
- Strategically market OLI public awareness products and educational materials to targeted audiences.
- Respond to rail safety issues as they arise through the development of new safety messages, materials, letters, coordinated response by OL State Coordinators and other means as necessary.
- Post and manage dissemination of online materials for Operation Lifesaver internal communication to State Coordinators, volunteers, OLI Board of Directors, and National Advisory Council.
- Ensure integrity of Operation Lifesaver logo and other trademarked intellectual property, in coordination with OLI’s general counsel as necessary.
- Assist in planning of internal and external meetings and conferences, including New State Coordinator Orientation, State Coordinator Summit, National Advisory Council meetings and others.
- Develop executive communications such as presentation materials and remarks for OLI Executive Director and other OLI leadership as necessary.
- Manage all external websites, including www.oli.org and campaign microsites as applicable. Oversee creation of compelling content; manage timely web updates; direct web development vendor in update and upgrade projects, in conjunction with OLI Media Consultant; evaluate need for major site changes on an annual basis.
- Manage communications budgets as directed by OLI Executive Director, including grant program budgets for communications activities.
- Oversee OLI social media presence to expand audiences and reach target demographics; regularly assess engagement and impressions to optimize content, platforms and campaigns.
- Work closely with corporate communications teams at railroads and other safety partner organizations to collaborate on media response to national issues, public awareness campaigns and other relevant matters.
- Liaise with federal agencies to maintain current safety statistics and other relevant data to inform communications messages.
PandoLogic. Category: , Keywords: Marketing Director
Loading some great jobs for you...