Personnel Security Specialist IV
Employment Type: Full-Time
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist IV
- Act as a Team Lead.
- Initiate or perform extensive FBI indices checks, arrest record checks, and the like to obtain pertinent and identifying information for the cases.
- Coordinate the submission of resulting investigative information. Review and critically analyze investigative reports and correspondence from the field for conformance to numerous administrative requirements as to format and content, and to ensure investigation is adequate, ensure denoted leads have been completely covered, and procedures have been conducted in accordance with FBI regulations and policies. Determine inadequacies and transmit additional specific instructions / leads to the field, recommending additional investigation, and / or the elimination / termination of unproductive methods or processes.
- Prepare and submit a response in writing or verbally, to recommend adjudication as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances and / or access authorizations for appropriate SecD units to determine the final adjudication. Prepare outgoing communications to transmit recommendations with supporting analysis and data.
- Participate in the formulation, preparation and direction of new and revised rules, regulations, guidelines, processes and procedures in relation to the personnel security programs. Provide recommendations and suggestions affecting personnel security program missions, reviewing program material and provide feedback to the Security Officer or FBI HQ to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of programmatic goals and operations.
- Ensure that Government and applicable personnel are properly appraised of potential security risks / vulnerabilities in which approved level of security clearance / access authorizations may expose them to. Ensure individuals are properly debriefed as necessary.
- Conduct security briefings that include Security Awareness and Hostile Threat. Revise security briefings based on the specific issues developed and security requirements.
- Provide guidance and assist in resolving security issues for current on-board employees, as well as providing expert guidance relating to various security programs to other field office personnel including agent personnel.
- Remain vigilant for new methods and procedures for passing and affirming clearances including SCI / Regulations, FISs, and / or EOs and DOJ Orders.
- Engage with internal and external customers on personnel security to ensure the assigned program / project is fully integrated; leverage current threat intelligence to enhance or modify procedures.
- Perform all duties associated with level III as necessary.
- This position has been deemed mission critical by the customer
- Current Top-Secret security clearance and able to obtain SCI access that includes a requirement to pass a security CI polygraph exam.
- Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years’ experience OR Associate’s Degree with four (4) years’ experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing and writing Reports of Investigation that form basis for creation of investigative and / or adjudication record.
- Seven (7) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Proficient computer skills to include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Use of Internet to conduct research and / or open source checks in aid of investigations
- Experience with various Federal LE and IC IT systems for conducting automated record checks.
- Knowledge of and experience with use of applicable commercial and Federal Government database systems.
- Experience performing database searches for information related to personnel security matters.
- Distribution and update of personnel security documentation files.
- Responsibility for security of program data and materials.
- Processing security clearance and BI documentation in preparation for adjudication.
- Prepared documentation for Government agencies and customers.
- Experience performing multiple administrative tasks dealing with databases queries, filing, processing mail and performing audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to conduct established Federal Government standards for investigations, BIs, and security investigations relating to suitability and security standards.
- Possess oral and written communications skills to functionally conduct interviews, security briefings, discuss analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and prepare written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the indices systems, various record check systems, and file review processes to develop and extract the most complete and accurate information relative to the subject as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to extensively analyze various types of materials, including investigative reports, to develop information regarding security vulnerabilities; to develop investigative leads; to propose a recommendation as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances.
- Advanced degree in any field of study.
- Knowledge of DOJ and FBI regulations regarding the personnel security process.
- Experience conducting interviews and security briefings, discussing analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and preparing written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Previous experience in security leadership role.
- Strong understanding of security disciplines.
- Demonstrated understanding of the following security – related / investigative guidelines:
- Federal Investigative Standards (FISs)
- Security Executive Agent Directives (SEADs)
- Executive Orders (EOs)
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (US CFR)
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster SupplementJob Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...