Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world's most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions?including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH's Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities and evidence-based policies among policymakers, coalitions and other influential individuals and groups. PATH's APP department is seeking to hire a Senior Program Assistant to support advocacy and policy initiatives in the areas of the continuum of care for maternal, newborn, and child health, immunization, and research and development.
The Senior Program Assistant will be based in Washington, DC, and will report to the APP Project Administrator (PADM). Specific responsibilities include:
APP financial and administrative support:
* Assist with financial management for the APP department through support to the PADM. Specific activities will include generating and exporting financial data from PATH's central financial platform, reviewing data for consistency and appropriateness of coding, and preparing corrective actions as needed; integrating data into excel-based project financial management tools, and tracking and maintaining accruals
* Assist the PADM with budget and expenditures analyses; specifically, assisting workstream leads with budget review and revisions
* Assist with evaluation and compilation of financial data as needed
* Assisting the PADM with subcontract and consultant agreements development and maintenance. This will include assisting with completion of pre-award procurement compliance actions, compilation and development of subaward documentation and post-award documentation as necessary, entering and maintaining Salesforce subaward records and documentation, monitoring the status of sub-agreement life cycles and deliverables, and assisting with agreement close-out audits and processes.
* Provide general financial accountability and administrative support to the APP team. This will include reviewing invoice submissions against terms of reference and for appropriate documentation, communicating administrative notices and other critical information to APP staff as needed, and assisting with development of operational guidance, job aids, and other tools, and assisting with periodic training.
APP department general support:
* Assist the Director for the Advocacy and Public Policy team with her coordinating her schedule, especially with contacts outside of the department; this will require identifying scheduling contacts, and developing relationships for scheduling coordination
* Provide meeting planning and logistics support: Activities may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, organization of event-related materials, capturing information on project contacts, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing. In this functionality, may be required to engage as a partner to other assistants in APP and across PATH to ensure efficient coordination of leadership schedules, meetings, deliverables, etc
* Support meetings, events, and video/teleconferences across time zones, including preparation of meeting materials and optimal use of audio/video communication technologies.
* Provide general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the APP program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for APP staff in DC, and expanded calendar included staff of Kenya, Uganda, South Africa and DRC colleagues, assisting APP staff with travel planning arrangements and post-travel reimbursements, including check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
* Assist with information gathering, preparation, editing, review and production of various communications materials to ensure quality, including internal/external correspondence, PowerPoint Presentations, proposals, reports and other materials as required.
* Manage and update the Advocacy & Public Policy SharePoint sites and maintain team archives and files in Box.
* Coordinate periodic procurement of both services and supplies for the APP unit and work closely with the procurement and administrator to manage vendors and suppliers.
* Plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports and other communications materials as requested. Additional responsibilities will include liaising with relevant APP US and country staff on PATH branding standards and coordinating review processes for publications developed by the APP Kenya team.
* Coordinate with APP Communications Program Assistant to identify and maintain APP CRM contracts database
* Maintain general department electronic and paper filing systems to ensure information is readily and easily accessible. This will include regular updates of assigned email distribution lists.
* Provide periodic back-up support to other department functions, during crunch periods.
* Bachelor's degree plus 3-4 years of directly related finance and administrative, and program support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
* Experience with data organization/structuring, and validation
* Experience with budgeting
* Basic research skills
* Experience coordinating and supporting large meetings and managing multi-country travel planning
* Effective time management and ability to work under deadlines and with changing priorities
* Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.