Loading some great jobs for you...
IT Security; Cyber Security; Security technologies; Security Compliance; Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
• The Priority Services of the Wireless Security Engineer is responsible for developing and analyzing security capabilities, translating business needs into technical design and defining solutions through application of engineering and technical expertise.
• The Wireless Security Engineer should have an advanced knowledge and diverse skills in security technologies and multiple vendor solutions to include design and architecture of various platforms environments.
The Wireless Security Engineer will:
• Apply practical skills and experience across many application and infrastructure products, technologies, and services.
• Develop comprehensive solutions using security and application services. High level responsibilities include leading the design and integration of Security Solutions, architecture roadmap development, and deployment of solutions.
• Establish, implement, and enforce appropriate industry standards in the creation and implementation of security solutions.
• Work closely with Product Development, Engineering, IT, Delivery, Support and third-party vendors to deliver timely solutions.
• Lead technical engagements with customer, vendors and internal technology teams to promote the use of and specific technologies in order to build new opportunities and business relationships.
• Mediate opposing viewpoints and negotiate equitable solutions to ensure successful and stable outcomes.
• Define Priority Services security architectural roadmap for business need.
• Maintain a baseline of industry knowledge to advice on technical trends and techniques for the development of solution designs.
• Support standard and custom product development initiatives for security solutions.
• Designs, documents, analyzes, and commissions Priority Services security architecture for voice, data, and video services, and ensures security systems support for specific customer requirements across different manufacturers, service providers and users.
• Manages project proposals to define goals, identify scope, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services.
• Evaluates new products and services ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the provision of Priority Services.
• Prepares and interprets security specifications and assess regulatory impact for Priority Services.
• Monitors Priority Services to assess need for security updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems.
• Assesses performance levels of system hardware and software to project future needs and developing short- and long-terms plans for updating equipment, adding capabilities, enhancing existing systems.
• Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
• Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
• Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
• Participate in Security Compliance efforts.
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security Technology Training.
• Perform acquisition and vendor risk assessment due diligence.
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
• Participate in incident handling.
• Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property.
• Advocate customer security and trust.
• Ability to design solutions and Manage Projects to deliver customer commitments.
• Ability to gather, document, and present specific customer requirements and articulate technical designs and solutions.
• Ability to develop architecture roadmap and influence standards design.
• Exceptional documentation skills that clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
• Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills.
• Strong industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge.
• Technical leader and recognized expert on select technologies/systems/procedures.
• Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives.
• Self-directed to complete tasks in professional and timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Manages multiple projects utilizing project management processes.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Promotes active listening and open communication.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Information Systems.
• Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security.
• Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
• Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of security technology, architecture and design disciplines, and operational support familiarity.
• Previous or current extensive hands-on security implementation and thorough network configuration knowledge and capabilities.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of security design and support for voice, data and video networks.
• Demonstrate organizational and planning skills by developing project plans and completing projects in a methodical fashion.
• In-depth knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP,
• HTTPS, routing protocols)
• Strong understanding of security technology.
• CCENT/CCNA and/or RHCE Certification
• Experience configuring and managing Cisco routers and switches
• Experience with GPRS/EDGE Wireless Data technologies
Interested? If you are ready to join a winning team and take the next step in your career, apply today! Please send your latest Resume in Word document.
Note: Please answer the following questions:
1. When will you be available to start?
2. What is your expected salary?
3. What is your daytime phone number?
4. Are you a United States citizen?
5. Do you have an active DoD Clearance or any other Agency (DHS, DoE, etc.) clearances? Please provide details.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...