The Marketing Assistant will assist the Marketing Manager and firm-wide marketing team by participating in a variety of marketing activities, including: production and distribution of client updates; event planning; maintenance of department databases and the Firm's suite of marketing materials; administrative duties; and assisting with production of client presentations and other materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate the production and distribution of various legal updates sent to clients, which involves formatting documents for print, web and email, obtaining appropriate approvals from lawyers and colleagues in other offices, posting to the website and other databases, and creating post-distribution readership reports. * Work with the marketing team to plan and execute Firm and client events: distribute invitations, process registrations, maintain registration lists, coordinate production of event materials, staff the events and assist with post-event follow up. * Coordinate with digital marketing team to maintain website content and execute social media campaigns. * Assist in drafting internal announcements, as well as news items for the website and social media platforms, e.g. LinkedIn. * Assist with the preparation and tracking of awards and rankings submissions. * Coordinate sponsorships for regional conferences and seminars. * Coordinate with graphics team to develop and distribute event invitations and sponsorship ads. * Draft and update lawyer biographies. * Assist in the production of an office-marketing newsletter as well as quarterly and annual marketing reports. * Coordinate professional photos for lawyers: schedule sessions with the photographer, upload photos to the intranet and maintain electronic files of all photos. * Manage office inventory of client gifts and help to facilitate client entertainment. * Generate and format marketing materials as requested by department members (in various offices) such as brochures, department and client presentations, pitches and Requests for Proposals. * Maintain the Firm's CRM system: track activities for clients, alumni and friends of the Firm; ensure that contact information is accurate and up-to-date and that contacts are associated with proper mailing lists; generate and format reports as needed; guide secretaries in the effective use of the CRM system. * Assist in maintaining and updating marketing department databases and records, including events tracker, rankings and awards tracker, experience management platform, team calendar, etc. * Perform basic research and data collection on clients and contacts, industries and competitors. * Maintain accurate records for marketing department expenses and prepare check requests for approval. * Support the marketing department's responsibilities to other Firm departments (recruiting, CLE, legal personnel and HR, etc.) and outside vendors. * Administrative and other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email ...@sidley.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. * Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Bachelor's degree in a related area, such as marketing or communications. * A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a professional environment or law firm. * Knowledge of InterAction, Vuture and/or InDesign. * General understanding of legal competitive landscape
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills * Strong attention to detail * Good judgment * Strong interpersonal communication skills * Strong analytical and problem solving skills * Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others * Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion * Able to work under pressure * Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.