When Airmen or their spouses are expecting, the concern is for the health and safety of both mother and child. Responsible for primary and specialized care, Certified Nurse Midwives provide comprehensive care from preconception to postdelivery. A vital part of any women's healthcare team, they work in hospitals around the world to help Air Force families bring their children into the world.
- Provide comfort, support and expertise to patients during pregnancy, labor, delivery and the postpartum period
- Independently manage women's healthcare with emphasis on the maternity cycle
- Practice in collaboration with obstetrician/gynecologists or family practice physicians
- Manage newborn care immediately following delivery until discharge
Your effort and commitment is essential to our mission, which is why we provide our Airmen with a benefits package that is unparalleled in the civilian world:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Tax-free food and housing assistance
- A generous retirement program
- Continuing education opportunities
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
- Excellent starting salary.
This is an active duty position as an Air Force Officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree in nurse midwifery or a master's degree in nursing with a postgraduate certificate in nurse midwifery
- Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) in nurse midwifery
- Minimum six months of full-time nursing practice in the APRN specialty is required.
- At least 12 months of experience as a registered nurse
- Completion of five-and-a-half-week Commissioned Officer Training course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47
- Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The Employer is the number-one Air Force in the world. Our mission is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers, from healthcare to engineering, in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.
Associated topics: arnp, arnp c, assessments, board, certified nursing, clinical, cna, midwife, spanish, specialis