- Washington Hospital Center
Healthcare - Physician
715 Gallatin St NW
General Summary of Position:
* Operates and maintains heart lung machine and other related ancillary equipment during open heart and other related procedures. Monitors, interprets and maintains various parameters while on extracorporeal circulation, ensuring safe and adequate perfusion.
* Associate's degree or higher level degree or equivalent training, such as graduation from an accredited school of perfusion technology, is required.
* From 1 to 3 years experience required.
* Certification or certification-eligible by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. Once certified must maintain certification according to American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion requirements (annual recertification).
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Associated topics: cardiology, cardiothoracic, chf, congestive, failure, heart, interventional, invasive, non interventional, non invasive
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.