- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- In lieu of the bachelor s degree a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED) and four (4) years of experience working in business analysis and information system/technology work, and business analysis and process design in Procure-to-Pay application systems; analysis and development of automated procurement systems
- Six (6) years of experiences in business analysis and process design in Procure-to-Pay application systems; analysis and development of automated procurement systems. Must have proven proficiency and experience with Oracle PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management application modules, version 9.1 or higher
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Procurement Business Systems Analyst II is a responsible, highly technical, analytical, confidential, professional level application software and business functional position in the Office of Procurement and Materials (PRMT). The incumbent is responsible for business process analysis, process definition and changes to procure-to-pay functions. The incumbent acts as the liaison to the Information Technology (IT) team for the Authority-wide applications that impact PRMT internal and external users, for both technical and business functional issues. The Procurement Business Systems Analyst II serves as the subject matter expert in these areas. This work involves the extensive use of the PeopleSoft Financial System (FIN) application modules as well as Supply Chain Management, PeopleSoft EPM and PeopleSoft Query tools. The incumbent designs, codes, develops, documents, maintains, troubleshoots, monitors and debugs application software. This incumbent further provides analytical support for a variety of professional functions related to the development and administration of PRMT programs and services. The Analyst II also provides data analysis and system support for all PRMT s administrative and management activities.
- Serves as the functional analyst for PRMT regarding all direct and integrated automated business systems.
- Provides business process analysis and proposes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Provides coordination and monitoring of major system development, enhancement and replacement projects. Prepares project status and progress reports. Gathers business requirements and develops technical and functional requirement documents. Tests new processes and applications in both production and non-production environments. Performs code review and user acceptance testing for all PRMT application system changes.
- Performs a variety of complex and independent activities involved in the collection, analysis, documentation and interpretation of procurement contract management information.
- Performs data analysis and generates monthly reports for PRMT using SQL tools and Microsoft Excel.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and a liaison between PRMT and IT to implement new and redefined business processes, related to Procure-to-Pay (PTP) application and processes, required fixes and patches regarding data and application related issues.
- Coordinates with integrated applications including Accounts Payable, Commitment Control, Project Costing, Inventory and Maximo to improve business process efficiencies, workflows and system enhancements per Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) standards.
- Interacts regularly with end users, troubleshoots production level issues related to procurement applications and security access for all PRMT users. Also provides continuous user improvements to all aspects of design and processes.
- Serves as a functional point of contact for PRMT in clarifying user questions and requests regarding business systems.
- Coordinates and leads integration testing, user acceptance testing, training and documentation.
- May perform duties and assume responsibilities that are routinely assigned to the Procurement Business Systems Analyst I.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.